#JoinTheTeam with Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams is UK's tool for collaboration! All UK students, faculty, and staff are free to use Microsoft Teams by visiting m365.uky.edu and clicking Teams. Customers have the option of both a web version and to download the Teams app. Teams offers a rich online collaboration environment complete with persistent chat, the ability to create Teams with multiple channels, share and collaborate on files, make calls, hold video meetings and seminars, and many more.
Upcoming Teams Open Labs
Past Teams Open Lab Recordings
Click links below to watch
- Microsoft Teams Open Lab: Canvas + Teams - November 2021
- Microsoft Teams Open Lab: Hosting Events in Teams - October 2021
- Microsoft Teams Open Lab: Q&A Session - September 2021
- Microsoft Teams Open Lab: Back to Basics - August 2021
- Microsoft Teams Open Lab: Q&A Session - July 2021
- Microsoft Teams Open Lab: Q&A Session - June 2021
- Microsoft Teams Open Lab: New & Upcoming Features in Teams - May 2021
- Microsoft Teams Open Lab: Teaching with Teams & OneNote - April 2021
- Microsoft Teams Open Lab: Show & Tell - March 2021
- Microsoft Teams Open Lab: Back to Basics - February 2021
- Microsoft Teams Open Lab: Collaboration in Teams - January 2021
- Microsoft Teams Open Lab: Using Apps in Teams - November 2020
- Microsoft Teams Open Lab: Creating & Managing Teams - October 2020
- Microsoft Teams Open Lab: Meetings in Teams - September 2020
There are many resources available for learning about Microsoft Teams.
For specific Teams training requests, email ITSaboutYou@uky.edu.
UK HR Training & Development
HR Training & Development has a new instructor-led training (live) on Microsoft Teams. We are currently offering it virtually and participants can sign up through myUK Learning.
Microsoft Teams: Overview Microsoft Teams is a collaboration tool that incorporates general communication options with various apps to enhance productivity for groups of people called Teams. In this live, instructor-led workshop, after we cover the following topics you will have the opportunity to practice using Teams:
- Microsoft Teams Environment
- Navigation and General Settings
- Using the Chat feature
- Making Audio and Video Calls
- Creating Meetings via Calendar and Outlook
- File Sharing and Collaboration
- Setting up Teams and Channels
- Sign up by visiting HR's Technology Training page.
Microsoft's Teams Resource site has many tutorials and videos.
Microsoft Teams help & learning site
Microsoft offers many workshops and trainings that are available by registering on their site.
Tech Help Center
Many articles are available in the Technology Help Center by searching "Microsoft Teams". Articles included: