Are you ready for the hunt?
October is National Cybersecurity Awareness Month and UK Information Technology Services wants to test your cybersecurity knowledge and hunting skills in our digital scavenger hunt!
Read the questions below and hints on where to find the answers. You'll know you are in the right place when you see this icon:
Once you know the answer, put in the in Scavenger Hunt Submission Form to be entered to win a UK hat!
- Anti-virus and anti-malware software is one of the most important tools to protect yourself from cybersecurity threats. UK offers Malwarebytes Premium for who and on what kinds of devices? HINT: Search the Tech Help Center
- A Social Engineer is a person who manipulates emotions to gain your personal and financial information. Many of these act through job scams. What is it called when a "company" hires you to purchase pre-determined products and test them for the corporation or rate the shopping experience? HINT: Search the Cybersecurity News feed
- What is the name of the UK ITS website where can you find information about types of cybersecurity threats, tools available at UK, tips and tricks, & more? HINT: Search ITS website homepage
- What button do you push in Outlook to report a phishing scam? HINT: Search the Tech Help Center
- Two-factor authentication adds another layer of security to your data. What method of authentication is recommended for the best Two-Factor Log-In experience at UK? HINT: Search the Tech Help Center for Two-Factor Log-In
- Using public networks can put your information at risk. What is the name of UK's secure and encrypted Wi-Fi network for students, faculty, and staff? HINT: Visit uky.edu/wifihelp
- What tool is important to use to securely connect to UK's network when working remotely? HINT: See Cybersecurity Best Practices When Working Remotely
- We all need to be reminded of appropriate use of technology resources at UK. Which regulation contains important guidelines on inappropriate use including personal use or use of another individuals' credentials? HINT: Search the Cybersecurity News feed
- It is important to store our data in places where it is secure and protected. UK ITS recommends storing files in Microsoft365 OneDrive. What does OneDrive use to encrypt our files? HINT: See What is Microsoft OneDrive?
- What is the hotline number for reporting a security breach on a University system? HINT: Search the Tech Help Center